Having the ability to efficiently order materials has never been as important as it is today. Reduced staffs and work-at-home requirements have vaulted the need for a bullet-proof e-commerce strategy to the forefront. As requirements continue to change, VANTAGE has adapted to the needs of our customers. A true solution needs to be more than just a catalog; it has to be a comprehensive program that covers all aspects of the procurement process. Your buyers should be free to work on more strategic tasks while the system you’ve spent millions of dollars implementing operates as it should, ordering catalog MRO material through your chosen provider.
Direct system integration is an obvious cornerstone of an e-commerce platform. Enabling your ERP system to communicate directly with our platform allows for seamless transmission of orders using simple min/max information. VANTAGE is a true single transactional point of contact. We accept purchase orders directly from your system electronically and handle all the routing of the material to the appropriate distributor in your market area.
VANTAGE has experience with direct integration to popular ERP systems using EDI or XML such as:
- JD Edwards
Many companies have partnered with a third-party provider to improve their order efficiency.
VANTAGE has already integrated with various third party e-Commerce options, including:
- Oracle Supplier Network
- And others
Our expertise includes:
- Support for Punch-out and Static Customer Catalogs
- Electronic Single order point (eSOP)
- Splitting of orders to support MFR Product Restrictions
- Support for multiple ship points on a single order
- Support for Taxable and Non-Taxable items on same order
- E-mail Order routing confirmations to PO requestor
- Support for PO Acknowledgements
- Maintaining a vast product database includes over four million parts; most are attributed to a standard noun-modifier-characteristic format, allowing for easy search and order capabilities.
- Custom workflow processes to ensure the Invoice Matches the PO Exactly (PO Match)
Routing of customers POs,
- by manufacturer line
- by distributor
- Or per request: as noted on the PO by the customer.
Tracking, Expedites and Open Orders are also a key part of the transactional process.
Knowing the status of your material is a key component for your plants. Whether reporting to Shared Services or directly to the plant location needing the material, VANTAGE provides the data necessary to understand the delivery timeline. VANTAGE can provide the following to your organization:
- Status updates of purchase orders or line items on a purchase order
- Open order reports.
- Providing proof of delivery’s from the servicing distributors.
Communication is the key to success:
VANTAGE becomes the liaison between your electrical material needs and the vast network of distributors needed to support those needs. The nature of MRO purchasing requires significant resources, and the VANTAGE network holds close to a billion dollars in material inventory that can and will be tailored to your specific needs.
Nevertheless, it doesn’t stop there, we understand that every customer has different requirements when it comes to how orders are handled and invoicing should be submitted. Careful attention is put into maintaining the processes to insure that you receive the correct material and an accurate invoice allowing for swift processing and timely payment.
For this reason, we have dedicated personnel who follow specific instructions and guidelines for each of our customers. Questions regarding pricing, unit of measure and quantities shipped are resolved ahead of time which results in time-savings for our customers. Our pricing department collaborates with our customer service department to review any invoices which may be erroneous, and corrections are made before the invoice is released to the customer.